[mythtv] [OS X] Running mythfrontend on apple tv

Neil Raymond neil_raymond at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 19:51:41 UTC 2007

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and work out what fonts might be
used/needed. Unfortunately I don't know much about MythTV or OSX
development, but I'll have a go.

Like you say, this would make an excellent f/e if I it can be made to work.
I'll keep people posted.

>From: James Mulcahy <james at manque.net>
>To: "Neil Raymond" <neil_raymond at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv] [OS X] Running mythfrontend on apple tv
>Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:31:49 +0100
>On 13 May 2007, at 07:53, Neil Raymond wrote:
>>Thread 0 Crashed:
>>0   qt-mt 	0xb2050911 qt_macFamilyName(QString const&) + 141
>>1   qt-mt 	0xb202b7f3 QFontPrivate::load(QFont::Script) + 1027
>>2   qt-mt 	0xb204bac3 QFont::exactMatch() const + 53
>I'm afraid I can't give you the answer to your problem, only a  guess!
>Given where it seems to have crashed, it looks like it could  be a font
>issue.  Perhaps mythfrontend is trying to use a font which  isn't present
>on the apple tv?
>Sorry I can't be more specific, but I thought I'd suggest this in  passing
>before getting to the real reason I'm mailing.......
>If you do get this working, please let me know!  I'm currently very  fed up
>with my xbox as a frontend and I'm looking to replace it.  It  would be
>fantastic if this worked out, since I'm sure it'd make an  excellent
>Good luck!

Play your part in making history - Email Britain!