[mythtv] MythTV on low cost embedded hardware

Wim Fokkens wimfokkens at planet.nl
Sun May 13 09:02:10 UTC 2007

> ** Note, the MediaMVP is not a HD capable box (that's why I said
> "most").  It only has Composit & S-Video output.  However, most consider
> the S-Video output as being good.  I don't know of any HD capable box
> that has an open source project ported to it.

Is this one an option?
http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=UK%
2FLayout&cid=1150490629179&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=29
17960635B02

It can decode almost everything including HD mpeg4

Maximum flexibility
Play absolutely everything in your library. KiSS DP-600 and play all media
formats including DVDs, CDs, Windows Media 9, Nero Digital, DivX High
Definition, MPEG-1,2,4, XviD, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Jpeg and PNG Picture files.
Featuring playback for Nero Digital Format, we have included all of your
encoding software: Nero ShowTime 2-CE, Recode 2-CE and MediaHome

And the source code is available.
http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=UK%
2FLayout&cid=1129319214597&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

ftp://ftp.linksys.com/opensourcecode/KiSS/KiSS_GPL.zip

And I think for a HD capable player this one is pretty cheap.
http://www.divxplayer.nl/2006/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_
id=836

Wim