[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:29:30 UTC 2007

On 5/11/07, Cameron Kilgore <ghostfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > Cameron Kilgore wrote:
> > > I understand and respect the direction the myth developers want to
> > > take the application, but not acting like there are going to be some
> > > new users that will stumble upon the site is turning away from the
> > > obvious (we've gotten a lot of attention through Digg the past year
> > > and a half). There are ways we can do this that will not scare away
> > > the developers, force a rebranding or change of direction of the
> > > project.
> >
> > Please let me kill this discussion before it goes too far.  This thread
> > is for discussion about the design/layout of the new website, and should
> > not have anything to do with making MythTV easier to install/configure.
> >  Nor should it (or this list, imho) ever be for talk about why it's not
> > MythTV's fault for being difficult to install/configure.
> >
> > Most/all of the developers are aware of these shortcomings (e.g. there
> > is a good chance that MySQL will eventually be embedded directly into
> > part of MythTV), and if people still want to talk about them, please
> > create a new thread to do so.
> >
> > We *will* be eventually talking about how to make the website more
> > inviting (I envision a detailed "about" page with lots of screenshots
> > and information), but that's a "content" discussion and I would rather
> > wait for it until after we all agree on a general look-feel for the site
> > as a whole.
> >

> Agreed.

I just want to bring up the Wiki. Whats the thought on how to, or if
to, integrate it into the redesign?

Also I like the idea of not having a "blog" style home page (ie like
it is now with the news listing being the main part), have a part of
the main page the latest news, but have it mostly show information on
what MythTV "is".

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!