[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:29:30 UTC 2007

On 5/11/07, Cameron Kilgore <ghostfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > Cameron Kilgore wrote:
> > > I understand and respect the direction the myth developers want to
> > > take the application, but not acting like there are going to be some
> > > new users that will stumble upon the site is turning away from the
> > > obvious (we've gotten a lot of attention through Digg the past year
> > > and a half). There are ways we can do this that will not scare away
> > > the developers, force a rebranding or change of direction of the
> > > project.
> >
> > Please let me kill this discussion before it goes too far.  This thread
> > is for discussion about the design/layout of the new website, and should
> > not have anything to do with making MythTV easier to install/configure.
> >  Nor should it (or this list, imho) ever be for talk about why it's not
> > MythTV's fault for being difficult to install/configure.
> >
> > Most/all of the developers are aware of these shortcomings (e.g. there
> > is a good chance that MySQL will eventually be embedded directly into
> > part of MythTV), and if people still want to talk about them, please
> > create a new thread to do so.
> >
> > We *will* be eventually talking about how to make the website more
> > inviting (I envision a detailed "about" page with lots of screenshots
> > and information), but that's a "content" discussion and I would rather
> > wait for it until after we all agree on a general look-feel for the site
> > as a whole.
> >
> Agreed.

I just want to bring up the Wiki. Whats the thought on how to, or if
to, integrate it into the redesign?

Also I like the idea of not having a "blog" style home page (ie like
it is now with the news listing being the main part), have a part of
the main page the latest news, but have it mostly show information on
what MythTV "is".

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -