[mythtv] dvb-c scanning problems

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sat May 12 11:11:22 UTC 2007

Markus Schulz wrote:
> Am Samstag, 12. Mai 2007 schrieb Rudy Zijlstra:
>
>> Markus Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> i've some trouble with transponder scans on my dvb-c network.
>>>
>>> My provider broadcasts wrong NIT(-other) data, it comes directly
>>> from satelit and therefore is completely wrong for my
>>> cable-network. Also scanning with a correctely prefilled
>>> dtv_multiplex list breaks all channels and destroys the multiplex
>>> list (all mutiplexes are updated with wrong [dvb-s] data).
>>> The multiplexes will be overwritten cause the get_dtv_multiplex()
>>> (used inside insert_dtv_multiplex to find existing) method dont
>>> respect the modulation parameter for dvb. For users with DVB-c
>>> _and_ DVB-s cards this should be fixed too.
>>>
>>> Whats now the best way to solve this? Make it switchable
>>> (enable/disable of NIT-processing)? Or better to check if NIT
>>> informations are for the same network type what we are scanning and
>>> drop the NIT informations if it was for another type?
>>>
>>> For the latter i've taken a look into SIScan::HandleNIT(), here
>>> this could be handled. But i don't know how to detect which
>>> network-scan-type is currently running to skip the
>>> ChannelUtil::CreateMultiplexes() call if desc.DescriptorTag() was
>>> different.
>>> HandleNIT seems to be called thru QT-Events, but don't find from
>>> which place. Can someone give me a hint?
>>>

>>> Whats the general way for scanning dvb-[cst] with an empty
>>> mulitplex list from users-point of view?
>>> I think it would be nice to support the transponder lists from
>>> dvb-utils package and let the user choose a transponder list based
>>> on his region.
>>>
>> Let me guess......
>>
>> 1/ Germany
>> 2/ small private cable network
>> 3/ no affiliation of this network with either KDG, KBW, unity media,
>>

> yes, all correct.
>

>> Solution:
>> create a script to:
>>

> you misunderstood me. I want to solve this problem in general and not
> workaround it (i have my correct station list already).

Daniel Kritjansson is working on the scanning branch. If all goes well,
this should also solve this problem.
I too am waiting to test that branch, as it will solve a lot of DVB-C
problems for non-german networks (non-german as in KDG, KBW and Unity
Media. I know a lot of the small German networks have very inconsistent
signaling... )

Cheers