[mythtv] advice wanted - building my own remote control

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:27:06 UTC 2007

On 10/05/07, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:

> just order some rotary encoders
> might use them instead of volume up/down and even channel up/down
> not sure about the ergonomics of that though

Using a rotary encoder for volume would be a nice ergonomically, but
could take up too much space on the remote depending on button size. I
wouldn't use it for channel changing, which should (IMO) be a clear
single up/down event. Just imagine the confusion MythTV could have
when trying to change channel (inherent tuning delay) when the target
channel keeps changing.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: