[mythtv] advice wanted - building my own remote control

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed May 9 08:13:55 UTC 2007

having got rid of my TV in my bedroom and replaced it with a FE i find
that i need to replace my keyboard and mouse with something smaller -
like a remote
i could have gone out and bought an imon. i have one in my
silverstonetek 10M FE in my sittingroom, but i decided to build one.

does anybody have any suggestions as to an optimal Myth remote layout
and/or set of key bindings?

wondering whether i should put a volume control (rotary encoder) on it
instead of an up/down volume pair

i'll publish the schematic/board layout/parts list/source code for the
device when i get it all working.
right now i'm sourcing all the parts and laying out the board.
the keys can be either 6x6mm or 12x12mm and i have keycaps in
black/red/green/blue/yellow

i have the complete toolchain working for the devices that i'm using
(Atmel AVR - ATmega88 is what i have to hand at the moment).
there is a complete, workimg gcc etc. for the device, which is a major
plus point.

thanks in advance

regards
--