[mythtv] ALSA audio capture

Anand K. Mistry amistry at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 8 20:08:20 UTC 2007

Nice catch.  I didn't think of compiling without OSS.  I guess I need to
make sure I haven't broken anything if I disable ALSA.  I'm thinking of
what further changes I need to make and here's what I've come up with:

- remove all dependency of NuppelVideoRecorder on OSS including removing
HAVE_SYS_SOUNDCARD... crap.
- rename USE_ALSA to USING_ALSA to make things consistent
- define a HAVE_AUDIO_INPUT which is defined if OSS or ALSA is used.
This would replace some of the HAVE_SYS_SOUNDCARD... stuff.
- there's a 'TODO: Potentially evil' thing that I need to take care of.
I'm not sure how, but it has to go.

Maybe stuff:
- Change all the 'if (0 <= retval)'  so that the function is exited
right away instead of once at the end.  Need comments.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
- Anand

Alan Calvert wrote: