[mythtv] high cpu load for xorg with 50fps playback

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Sat May 5 12:08:24 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 27. April 2007 schrieb Markus Schulz:
> Hello,
>
> i've written a full-framerate patch for mythtv and have integrated
> the adaptive dscaler greedy high motion deinterlacer (taken from
> xine-lib).
>
> In general it runs nice and perfectly smooth for all interlaced
> material.
> But i have an ugly problem, if i'm run the patched myth on a 50Hz
> display (DFP-beamer) xorg sometimes (rather often) consumes much cpu
> power (max load on a single core). Running on my CRT with 75Hz or
> 100Hz there is no problem.
> Looks like a problem when running with FPS == Refresh Rate.

seems to be an xorg-nvidia-driver problem and could be solved with:

Option "UseEvents"  "true"

inside my xorg.conf device section for my nvidia gt6600 card.

--
Markus Schulz

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot   Henrique Holschuh