[mythtv] Script contribution

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 30 17:16:35 UTC 2007

http://svn.mythtv.org/

> I have a script that populates the movie database table videometadata
> by reading a tag file that need only contain the IMDb number. This is
> so I can move and rename movie files without having to manually renter
> the number or the information.

There are many ideas/scripts/patches providing similar functionality.
Even if yours isn't accepted as is, parts of it may be useful in
creating the final functionality.

> I also made a different web interface that allows me to browse and
> search my videos according to the way they are arranged on the file
> server.

Do you mean you created a replacement for the MythWeb videos section?
If so, Chris Petersen (xris on #mythtv-users and #mythtv) will likely be
very interested.  The reason MythWeb's video interface leaves so much to
be desired is because Chris wants a complete rewrite rather than spend
time fixing what's there.  (Just make sure your work is based on SVN
trunk and follow his coding standards and design philosophy.)

> I have not posted the scripts for download yet because they require a
> working version of imdb.pl that I found in a forum on
> http://mysettopbox.tv <http://mysettopbox.tv/> and I have not been
> able to get a reply for any of the authors of the script. If they are
> reading this please contact me.

The imdb.pl script shipped with mythtv has been updated (in SVN trunk
and 0.20-fixes branch) and works.  Chances are you saw the working
version that someone downloaded from SVN and posted for someone else...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl

(or, for download:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/export/13149/trunk/mythplugins/mythvideo/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl
).