[mythtv] Ongoing support for NZ MHEG-5 profile

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 17:28:29 UTC 2007

Steven Ellis wrote:
> In general the MHEG support works really well, but it appears that the
> local MHEG-5 based EPG has done a new code release and now makes use of
> DrawPolygon which is currently unimplemented. I've included some log
> output below.
>
> Doesn't look like these are particularly large polygons.
>
> Now I'm wondering if there is some particularly smart way to do this
> with QT.

I seem to recall trying to do some of this with Qt but ran into
problems.  The difficulty was that QPainter (which does have a
drawPolygon method) uses X-Windows underneath and because the MHEG code
is running on a different thread than the display code things went badly
wrong.  Maybe someone has some code to draw a polygon directly to a
QImage.  It shouldn't be hard.

David.