[mythtv] Crash of MythMusic

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Tue Mar 20 14:59:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I experience a crash of MythMusic like discussed in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2557 .

I can reproduce the problem all the time when I'm doing the following:
1.) Start MythMusic and play MP3s AND M4A files. (you need two file
types for the problem)
2.) Leave MythMusic
3.) Start MythMusic again. When it starts playing it crashes.

My backtrace looks pretty much the same as already in the system.

In my opinion the mythobservable.patch
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2557/mythobservable.patch>
is the right solution for the problem,
but I have not tested it yet. (Will do that as soon as possible)
Iterating over a list without locking is never a good idea,
when the list is also used from other threads.

What was the reason that this patch has been removed?

regards,
Gerhard.