[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13040 by stuartm

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Mar 15 18:24:15 UTC 2007

mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>  Author: stuartm Date: 2007-03-13 23:42:25 +0000 (Tue, 13 Mar 2007)
>  New Revision: 13040 Changeset:
>  http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13040
>
>  Modified:
>
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/dbcheck.cpp
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/filescanner.cpp
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/filescanner.h
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/mainvisual.h
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/metadata.cpp
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/metadata.h
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/playbackbox.cpp
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/visualize.cpp
>  trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic/visualize.h
>
>  Log:
>
>  With this commit we now store information on Album Artwork in the
>  database. Artwork is discovered during scanning.
>
>  This will eventually allow more interesting use of Album Art,
>  including browsing Albums by the artwork.

Hi Stuart;

Just a thought, how about adding an additional field in the
music_albumart table to indicate what each image represents like front
cover, back cover, cd, inlay etc. The reason I ask is I always create at
least three images when I rip a cd - front.jpg, back.jpg and cd.jpg. At
the moment there is no way to be sure what entry in that table is the
front cover which is what you would usually use in an album art viewer.
In the music browser that I am working on (see this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/255140#255140 ) I
currently just look for the front.jpg image in the albums directory but
that isn't going to work for everybody unless we force everyone to use
the same naming convention!

If you where to add that field I would extend the metadata editor by
adding another page that would allow the user to both view the images
and select what each image represents. It could also be possible to
integrate one of the cover art grabbing scripts that would find any
missing cover images?

I'd also like to change the AlbumArt visualizer so that by default it
will show the front cover and add a key press and/or a popup menu to
allow the user to change what image is shown.

Any thoughts?

Paul H.