[mythtv] Is anyone using osx-packager.pl on OS X with x86?

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Mar 13 22:01:03 UTC 2007

Hi Devin. Sorry for the delay in investigating this further.

> Question:  Where are you guys building the code in terms of the
> disk/filesystem?
>
> I am seeing an interesting behavior difference between UFS and HFS+
> that might be relevant.
> While I don't see any cases of attempting to create an empty symlink
> in the makefile verbose output,

The only think I can suggest is to mail us the entire build output?

./osx-packager 2>&1 | tee buildlog.txt

> Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Are those of you doing
> builds with osx-packager.pl using the UFS filesystem setup by the
> tool?

I just did a completely clean build to force a new UFS disk image:

% curl 'http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/OSX/
osx-packager.pl?format=txt' -o osx-packager.pl

% chmod 755 osx-packager.pl

% ./osx-packager
cp -f "mythweather_fi.qm" "../../../../../build/share/mythtv/i18n/"
"disk2" unmounted.
"disk2" ejected.

%

And, just to check:

% hdiutil mount .osx-packager.dmg -mountpoint ./.osx-packager
/dev/disk2              Apple_partition_scheme
/dev/disk2s1            Apple_partition_map
/dev/disk2s2            Apple_UFS                       /Volumes/
Backups/.osx-packager

%

so on my machine there is nothing wrong with UFS FS builds.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| "Peacemaking is our profession"
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia |Motto of Burpelson Airforce Base