[mythtv] MythGame PC game scanning bug?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Mar 13 18:35:55 UTC 2007

> I'm not sure what the problem was or how this is supposed to fix it.  My
> best guess is that this is meant to treat each PC game as its own "game
> player".

 Correct. And in the INSERT in question  does have a typo, one of the SystemName()'s should be SystemCmdLine(). I also found a couple of other bugs relating to this that I'll commit fixes for tonight and push to 0.20-fixes as needed.

> In order for the game to be recognized it still has to be scanned so a
> dummy file would need to be put in its own directory to be scanned.

 A Scan does need to be done to get the PC game inserted just as if it was an emulator scanning in roms.

> command line arguments could be defined.  None of this seems like the

Commandline arguments can be added in the Gameplayer definition

> The suggested way to add PC games on the user-list and wiki is to create
> a directory with the game executables (or scripts with call the
> executables) and

 The gameplayer system is setup to be flexible enough to handle a lot of situations. It turns out some users prefer to do it that way, others prefer to define them as a "PC" game. Both will work with the patch I just applied.