[mythtv] DirectFB-1.0.0 [was -rc4], qt-embedded-free-3.3.8

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Tue Mar 6 19:54:47 UTC 2007

Mike Gibson wrote:
>> diff -ur mythtv-0.19-original mythtv-0.19
>
> Attached.

Well done Mike, and thanks!

As far as I can tell, the only bit that applies to current svn is the
change to videoout_directfb.cpp, which also needs trivial changes to
the directfb version checking in order to compile against
DirectFB1.0.0, eg ...

-#if (DIRECTFB_MINOR_VERSION <= 9) && (DIRECTFB_MICRO_VERSION <= 22)
+#if (DIRECTFB_MAJOR_VERSION < 1) && (DIRECTFB_MINOR_VERSION <= 9) && (DIRECTFB_MICRO_VERSION <= 22)

I've had a play with qte-directfb, and it does look promising. Sadly,
that led right back to the same the link error against qt-embedded
that started this thread. There's nothing in your patch that might
account for that problem.

As 'proof of concept', I thought I'd see if I could get myth
running with a combination of qt-x11 and the fbdev xserver, plus
directfb. I'm not sure that's at all possible, but the first attempt
ends with -
(*) DirectFB/Core: Single Application Core. (2007-03-05 23:21)
(!) DirectFB/fbdev/vt: KD_GRAPHICS failed!
    --> Operation not permitted
(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system' core!
    --> Initialization error!
videoout_directfb.cpp <361>:
        (#) DirectFBError [DirectFBCreate( &(data->dfb) )]: Initialization error!

I'll look into that one further as time permits. I'd like to float
a broader question - is directfb (and qt-embedded) relevant to the
present & future of mythtv, or is it just of interest to the matrox
hobbyists?

cheers, Cal