[mythtv] add support for SQLite?

James Chapman jchapman at katalix.com
Thu Mar 1 23:07:39 UTC 2007

Paul Harrison wrote:
> James Chapman wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was considering working on support for SQLite but the wiki suggests it
>> will never work. Anyone have more details?
> There was some testing done about a year ago by Isaacs brother looking
> at the possibility of using SQLite but the conclusion was it was just
> two slow compared to MySQL.

Was any work done on integrating it into MythTV? Perhaps there's a
branch in svn that would be a good place to start? I don't want to
repeat any work that has already been done...

Which functions of MythTV create most load on the database?

James Chapman
Katalix Systems Ltd
Catalysts for your Embedded Linux software development