[mythtv] an update on SVN firewire recordings

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 29 14:34:13 UTC 2007

"Steven Adeff" <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> writes:

>> well, preliminarily (is that even a word?) I updated to SVN yesterday
>> and did no make the #if fix. So far it looks to have recorded all the
>> evenings shows, some of which are 1-2hrs (news and soccer games) with
>> some 30minute shows "in the middle" which would normally cause issues.
>> I'll keep it running like this and see if the Previously Recorded
>> screen shows any failed recordings. I wish MythWeb had a similar page
>> so I could check while at work.
>
> hopefully my final note on the topic...
> I don't know whats different between now and when I originally tried
> and had many issues, but so far I've run the last 3 days with no
> failed recordings.

I wish I could say the same thing.  My mythbackend crashed at 8:01am
this morning after failing to tune in my STB to record BBC World News.
Running firewire_tester -B -n 0 cleared it up (it ran three bus resets
to clear the bus), but the bus reset in the mythbackend apparently did
not.  Unfortunately I couldn't find a core file, and the results of
the firewire_tester reset have scrolled out of my terminal history.
All I know is that my mom was using my cablebox directly.  I dont know
what she watched, but that was apparently enough to break the FW bus
s.t. myth couldn't reset it (even if firewire_tester could).

-derek