[mythtv] an update on SVN firewire recordings

warlord at MIT.EDU warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 25 21:53:48 UTC 2007

Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 06/25/2007 05:22 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> SVN doesn't allow you to configure an external changer.
> External channel change command
> If specified, this command will be run to change the channel for inputs
> which have an external tuner device such as a cable box. The first
> argument will be the channel number.
>
> Since, oh, before time began, or so...

Sure, but SVN already has the DCT6200 firewire channel changer built
into the code, so an external changer isn't required.  Why would I want
to change that, other that to add a call to "firewire-tester -B -n $node"?

Note that it would be even more fragile to do this because the channel
change script wouldn't handle node changes, unless Myth could pass
the nodeID to the script, or at least could pass the STB GUID so that
one can parse the output of plugreport to figure out which node the STB has.

Admittedly it would be best if we never had to reset the bus at all, but
in the face of HAVING to reset the bus, I'd rather myth did it (or had
hooks to do it externally in a good way) rather than having to create
an external channel changer that would reduce the functionality of
what Myth currently has internally.

> Mike

-derek