[mythtv] an update on SVN firewire recordings

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 25 15:43:42 UTC 2007

Daniel,

Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> writes:

> I no longer have a FireWire STB so I'm not likely to be
> improving this. If you have one firewire recorder you
> can enable the automatic resets, but if you have more
> than one firewire recorder on the same bus YMMV.

Is there anything that those of us who DO have fireware STBs
can do to help improve this?

> The Linux drivers may improve, one of the firewire guys is
> writing a completely new driver from scratch that will do
> bandwidth allocation. But this may take several years and
> he's only planning to support the newest firewire chips.

Maybe.  I had no luck with Fedora 7's kernel; I had to downgrade to
FC6 in order to get a kernel that would actually talk to my STB and
get data.  In F7 my firewire apps just died.  I'd rather try to see
Myth realize it needs to reset the bus and do so in a reliable way.

> -- Daniel

-derek