[mythtv] Theme source location update proposal (and mythcontrol plugin widescreen ui problem)

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Mon Jun 11 02:51:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 05:26:40PM +0100, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> Ahh well if it's just the source locations you're after changing -
> just to keep everything in a kinda logical place then I agree it's
> probably not a bad idea.

I was the one who supplied a patch to put the default-wide files where
they are now:

	http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1393

I agree it would make more sense to keep plugin UI files with the rest
of the plugin source (that is what is done with default 4:3 theme
files). However, to do this, you'd have to play some games:

	- Give the 16:9 -ui.xml file a different name (say,
	  music-ui-wide.xml) and then have qmake somehow rename it
	  when installing it into default-wide/music-ui.xml

	- Remove the current music-ui.xml and create different
	  subdirectories for the 4:3 and 16:9 XML files, say,
	  mythmusic/default/music-ui.xml and
	  mythmusic/default-wide/music-ui.xml .

The two solutions are basically the same; you're either playing with
filenames or directory names. But maybe one or the other is easier to
do in qmake. Either solution was/is beyond my qmake knowledge.

> From what I've been able to tell so far in the source is that in
> most cases I've seen the XML files are stored in the plugin
> directory. There might only be a few exceptions but can't honestly
> say the majority are in the 'logical' place.

--Rob