[mythtv] Theme source location update proposal (and mythcontrol plugin widescreen ui problem)

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 02:47:43 UTC 2007

On 11/06/07, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh well if it's just the source locations you're after changing -
> just to keep everything in a kinda logical place then I agree it's
> probably not a bad idea.

Yeah, I meant changing the location of the source.

> From what I've been able to tell so far in the source is that in most
> cases I've seen the XML files are stored in the plugin directory.
> There might only be a few exceptions but can't honestly say the
> majority are in the 'logical' place.
>
> Justin

It appears there is a significant number of the plugin widescreen
ui.xml files in mythtv/themes and this is the reason the mythcontrol
widescreen .xml was missed.

I would create a themes/default and themes/default-wide within the
plugin's source directory and move all the plugins ui files into these
directories. Then the whole plugin/theme directory can be cp -r at
install time.

In plugin.pro (I haven't tested any of these yet):

    uifiles.path = $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv
    uifiles.files = themes
       or
    uifiles.path = $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv/themes
    uifiles.files = themes/*
        or
    uifiles.path = $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv/themes
    uifiles.files = themes/*.png themes/default themes/default-wide

Shared resources (images etc used by multiple plugins) would stay in
the mythtv/themes directory.

On a practical note, how would I provide the changes to a dev for
committing? The reorgainsing would involve "svn mv"ing and "svn
mkdir"ing, I don't think "svn diff" will pick up all the changes in
the WC.

Cheers,

Roo