[mythtv] "mythshutdown -t" always giving time in invalid format

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 11:20:30 UTC 2007

Thanks for the answer. I changed the value in mythtv-setup and now
mythshutdown -t is giving back the right value.

I did not know that there are two different settings and I thought
that the value in mythwelcome --setup is actually the value for
mythshutdown.

I am not using nvram. I am writing the time in /proc/acpi/alarm, but I
cannot allow mythbackend/frontend to shutdown automatically because I
am using the same computer for backend, frontend and my desktop
computer for work.

That's why I cannot let mythtv shutdown computer, because it is not
able to recognize that I am working on the other X server (it is a
multiseat system).

I built a script which checks if the screensaver is activated  and for
how long, and if "mythshutdown -s 1" allows me to shutdown computer, I
take the value from "mythshutdown -t" and write it in /proc/acpi/alarm
and after that the computer will be suspended to ram. I never shut it
down, because suspending is much faster.

Thanks one more time.

M.

2007/6/9, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>:
> Ma Begaj wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > "mythtshutdown -t" should set the wakeup time to the next recording.
> >
> > I tried setting wakupe time format i "mythwelcome --setup" to "time_t"
> > and "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss", but I always receive the same error.
> >
> > This gives me "mythtshutdown -t -v all":
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.228 MSqlQuery: SELECT data FROM settings WHERE
> > value = 'WakeupTimeFormat' AND hostname IS NULL;
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.228 Mythshutdown: --setwakeup
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.228 Mythshutdown: wakeup time given is: 21:53 2007-06-13
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.228 Mythshutdown: --setwakeup invalid date format
> > (21:53 2007-06-13)
> >                         must be yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.237 MythSocket: readyread thread exit
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.237 SSDPCache - Destructor
> > 2007-06-09 10:51:51.238 UPnpDeviceDesc - Destructor
> >
> > I have a feeling that myhtshutdown is ignoring the time format, which
> > is set in mythwelcome.
> >
> > M.
> >

> Seems to work fine for me. You must have some wrong settings somewhere.
>
> You do know there are two separate time formats settings?
>
> One is normally used by the backend when setting the next recording
> start time and is usually passed to 'mythsutdown -w'. It's on the
> General settings->Wakeup/Shutdown settings page in mythtv-setup. Should
> normally be set to 'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm' - note the T in there.
>
> The other time format setting is on  MythWelcome's settings page. It is
> the time format passed to the command that actually sets the next wakeup
> time in the BIOS. If you are using nvram-wakeup then it should be set to
> 'time_t'.
>
> Paul H.

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche