[mythtv] Need help catching a segfault in mythbackend?

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 02:20:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 23:32:37 -0700
"Michael Rice" <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell what is wrong from this?  I can't even tell which
> thread segfaulted, most look like they are sleeping. The crashes seem
> to happen when the backend is busy at the top of the hour when
> recordings are finishing, and starting and rescheduling is happening.
> And deleting a recording during these peak times is really risky.

Your backtrace does not look anything like mine with one exception. It
looks like we are both getting crashing in locking/sync code (I get it
in QMutex::lock. However, unlike you, I usually get a crash per day.
Most of the time, it looks like it is crashing when the backend is
attempting to record from my DVB card.

For some time now, I have been suspecting that mythbackend is trashing
memory somewhere, somehow but I can't prove it. One of the crashes that
I had left this in my mythbackend log:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythbackend: malloc(): memory
corruption (fast): 0x00002aaab011d7e0 ***

I have posted about my crashes here and I have also posted a bug about
this, as far as I know, there has been no development on it.
--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net