[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13550

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:20:58 UTC 2007

On 05/06/07, Matt Rude <mythtv at mattrude.com> wrote:

> --user works on Fedora 7 also and in my option it is for sure the
> correct way of running mythbackend (so we can easily setup the mythtv
> user to run mythbackend )

The underlying Fedora issue when running mythbackend as non-root is
ensuring that ownership of audio/video devices allows the non-root
user access to them. On my FC4 backends, by default the udev rules
create the devices as root:root with mode 0660 which means additional
configuration is required for them if non-root users are to access
them at boot.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: