[mythtv] Time to Vote? (as Re: Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign)

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz caskater47 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 19:27:51 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Cameron Kilgore <ghostfreeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Huh. I never noticed that with tv ads. I have noticed that people will
> tend to prefer dark-on-light sites in different kinds of lighting
> (although the number of people who tend to have no preference probably
> outnumber each group). I have no preference for how typography and
> color matter as long as its readable.

My reference is mainly things like [adult swim] and other late night blocks
of television that all use the dark-on-light color schemes. It may be an
incorrect observation.

I think a dynamically-shifting MythTV layout would be detracting to
> users. Users (especially in other time zones) might mistake the change
> in color as if a new site materialized out of nowhere, making it more
> of a vanity feature with no other purpose.

The original idea was definitely a vanity feature. I never thought of it as
functional, just something that would be "cool". I'm not necessarily
suggesting it for MythTV.org either. I agree it would likely detract
visitors.