[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Mon Jul 30 18:37:24 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> writes:

> * On Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 09:57:38PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
>> How do you get the commercial flagger to log stuff? It's turned on in
>> mythbackend, and the comflagger is being invoked with -V
>> somebignumber, but I'm not seeing any output.
>
> It should be printing out some info with "-v commflag" on your mythbackend
> or mythjobqueue command line, but for really really verbose output,
> set an environment variable called DEBUGCOMMFLAG to anything.  The classic
> comm detector does "if getenv("DEBUGCOMMFLAG"))" to check if you want the
> really verbose debugging turned on.  This will print frame-by-frame info
> as it goes through the flagging process.

If I invoke mythcommflag -v all, I do get a butt-load or output, but
mythbackend -v all,nojobqueue,noschedule,nodatabase,nosocket doesn't
pass it through to the comflagger (probably a good thing, given the
volume of output).

On another topic, what's the status of CommDetector2? I just noticed
that the scene change detector is disabled, leaving just blank frame
and logo detection.

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991