[mythtv] Qt 3.1 still supported?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Thu Jul 26 11:24:26 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 01:46:07 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 01:34 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> >
> > The 64 bit ints were already added in qt 3.2 so the change is safe
> > and should stay.
>
> So it looks like this was just for QImage::copyBlt()? If we
> want to support Qt 3.1 it wouldn't be hard to fix this, but
> then again it Qt 3.2 is pretty widely supported...

I fear that there are more qt 3.1 incompatibilities now. The only
complaint we got was the documentation ticket.

Since the qt 3.2 is over a year requirred I don't think it makes sense
to spend a single second on restorring qt 3.1 compatibility. If mythtv
still compiles with qt 3.2 we could change it back to 3.2. But if not
I'm inclined to stay with 3.3, it's not that much more recent than 3.2
and even debian oldstable/sarge (released two years ago) has qt 3.3.

Janne