[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jul 25 16:59:48 UTC 2007

David Engel wrote:
>>> Yes.
>> This seems to work with record any rules, but not with find daily
>> and/or episode limited rules. I still need to figure out why. They
>> show up in mythweb as previously recorded, so it's hiding the current
>> recording from the scheduler, but they're not being re-recorded.
>
> Find rules have an additional check.  If a matching entry exists in
> the oldfind table, the program is considered a duplicate regarless of
> the duplicate setting in recorded and oldrecorded.  oldfind is an
> imperfect optimization to avoid greatly increasing the time needed for
> the big scheduler query.

That's true too but the real reason for oldfind is that a search
rule may not be able to match by title. For instance, a FindWeekly
"Bill Murray (People Search)" needs to know that "Meatballs" is a
dup for this week if "Stripes" has already been recorded. Oldfind
tracks if the rule (recordid) has recorded in the current time
interval (findid). When a recording has a findid, ForgetHistory()
and DeleteHistory() update oldfind while updating oldrecorded.

--  bjm