[mythtv] coreavc patch for mythtv on amd64 architecture

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:45:31 UTC 2007

Alan Nisota wrote:
> I thought about this a bit more and thought of a solution to the
> problem.  I will rework the patch to run as a standalone
> application/daemon which can be a 32bit static-compiled app.  Mythtv
> can then pass frames back-and-forth using shared memory.  This should
> allow us to have a 64bit mythtv running 32bit windows codecs, and it
> is pretty easy to implement.  Look for an updated patch within the
> next week or so.
I have created a project related to using CoreAVC in linux which should
make it easier for me to update the code, add more documentation, and
help people with issues than trying to deal with issues via the dev list
and a ticket which no developers have any interest in.
The project is here:
http://code.google.com/p/coreavc-for-linux/

And contains instructions on installation for MythTV.  Both ia32 and
x86_64 distros can be used with CoreAVC now too.