[mythtv] Volunteer to add support for 2.6.22 ivtv decoding to MythTV?

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 17 17:59:17 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The ivtv driver (of which I am the maintainer) is now merged into kernel
2.6.22. In order to merge this driver into the kernel the MPEG decoding
and OSD ioctls had to change. These ioctls were originally specific to
the ivtv driver, but are now generalized.

I am looking for a volunteer who is willing to update the decoding/OSD
MythTV support for the ivtv driver. Note that capturing with this
driver has not changed, this concerns only the decoding and OSD support
for the PVR-350 cards.

A conversion document is available here:

http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/trunk/doc/conversion.txt?rev=3933&view=markup

And I will of course provide any help necessary.

Please contact me if you are willing to work on this, or if you want
more information.

Thanks,

      Hans