[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 23:07:49 UTC 2007

On 15/07/07, Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com> wrote:

> My idea is that of playlists working as keyword tagging works in blogs;
> each song can be tagged with any keyword (press SELECT ->
> play it; press MENU -> dialog with multiselect box of existing tags
> and textbox to add a new one).

I think it would make sense to be able to supplement the tags with
user specified data like you have suggested. I have been interested in
doing this myself.

My wife has a reasonable amount of 80's music, I have a broad
collection some of which she doesn't listen too. I would like to be
able to select "All my songs" and randomise the playlist, this would
exclude the 80's rubbish as I would not have marked it as music I
subscribe to.

Anyway, useful idea I think, as a supplement to proper tags.

(Maybe there is a freetext field that could be used in tags already, I
don't know)

Cheers,

Roo.