[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:13:30 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Roo <roo.watt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/07/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So basically Smart Playlists.
> >
> > Of course, all this is dependent on proper tagging and full db support
> > for all the id3v2.x fields.
>

> So basically yeah, Smart Playlists. :)
>
> But allowing the user to build the tree that organises *their* music
> collection the way that make most sense to them. Merging the
> collection browsing with the playlist editing makes great sense to me.

I agree. I rather like how XBMC does that actually. you can browse
music, hit a button and see the playlist, hit it again and go back to
browsing. To add a track to the playlist while in browse mode you hit
another button, which i think defaults to "0". Similarly to that, and
how shuffle/viz/random are now, things could be mapped to the number
buttons.

On 7/13/07, Roo <roo.watt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/07/07, Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
> > There's two schools of thought on this.
> > 1) replace the currently playing song with the one i select
> > 2) add the selected song to the end of the list.
> >
> > #1 is current behaviour.
> > #2 is what i call DJ mode, or party mode.
>
> Being able to "lock on" DJ mode would be great, so if you are having a
> party you can stop people exiting a messing with the rest of your
> mythtv recordings etc.
>
> Come to think of it, in DJ mode you would want to stop the same song
> getting scheduled multiple times and prevent user B deleting user A's
> song from the playlist "cos they a sh*t".

a DJ mode would be great, especially if you can control it via
MythWeb, so you could just have the visualization up on the tv and do
any dj management via a laptop or similar.

--
Steve