[mythtv] Effect of Multi-rec on channel change times....?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Jul 12 11:16:36 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> STB firmware doesn't have to work with the variety of hardware
> that MythTV does; when I set a timing threshold for something
> in MythTV I find a value that works on all my machines
> then double or triple it (or if all it will cause is a
> temporary glitch and it is critical that it is low, I add
> 30% and try to get as many people as possible to test it).

would it be possible to (i.e. will you)?:

- get these various timeouts from the database
- use the current numbers as the defaults
- add some instrumentation to the code to record the various events that
fire
- optionally provide a UI to allow users to tweak these numbers

this way, users with faster hardware could improve switching time.

i know this sounds like a feature request without a patch, so you can
freely igmore it.
but just in case the idea appeals to one of you i'm putting it out there.

i have a FE in my bedroom and *do* use live-tv

--
simon