[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jul 11 21:59:19 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Daniel Di Giacomo <lists at dadigi.com> wrote:
>>> Some have said Amarok is a good model for a music player but last time
>>> I looked at that it didn't seem at all viable for mythtv - it relies
>>> on small fonts & cramming a lot of information on screen, and it's
>>> hardly very remote friendly.  That part is very easy to forget.
>> Maybe something like AmarokFS
>> (http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=52641) could be an
>> solution. But this would mean to let mythmusic act as a frontend to
>> amarok, and I don't think that this is the approach of mythtv-developers.
>
> the problem with amarok is it has limited db abilities so very little
> tag information is stored there. or at least thats the way it looks.

This Myth/amarok hybrid has been suggested several times. I'm a regular
reader of the Amarok mailing list and people have been wanting this to
happen for a long time.

I think we have to think wider and not think about integrating Myth with
amarok or Amarok with Myth, but rather think about rebasing both
projects on a common base with Standards to rule it. Only by doing this
will you get the ultimate solution.

I've posed two other mails on exactly this subject tonight on this list
so I wont repeat it here, please look for my other posts and reply there
for more discussion!

Col