[mythtv] Solution to CableCARD problem?

Tim Moore Tim.Moore at fuzzylabs.com
Tue Jul 10 14:56:25 UTC 2007

It looks like the Intensity Pro model supports Component, so copy protection
could be circumvented.

The problem with this approach though is that to watch one premium channel
while recording another two cards and two set top boxes would be required.

Does anyone know if commercial flagging could be done with one of these
Intensity Pros?  If not, then nothing has been gained over using one of the
DVR cards.  If it can then it becomes a user's choice of commercial flagging
vs. cost.  Not that I've had a reply from Broadcom yet on the cost of their
DVR card...