[mythtv] mythtv multirec dvb-s test (works)

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:58:00 UTC 2007

On 7/5/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 11:06 +0300, Erez D wrote:
> > using Skystar2 DVB-S pci
> > first: generally it works, great work. thanks !
> good
>
> > however:
> > 1. backend segmentation faults when switching between channels which
> > are not on the same multiplex while in live tv.
> If you can attach a backtrace to itcket #3326 this would
> be very helpful, DVB-S hasn't had much testing yet.

how can i create a backtrace ? it just sigsegv on me, no output
should i compile it with debug info ? if so, how ? if not how do i get debug
info

> 2. pressing 'r' for record while in live-tv recorded the program, but
> > i was unable to switch channels. (exiting and entering live-tv again
> > fixed that however)
> Yes, this is an existing limitation in the frontend,
> there is no plan to fix it in this branch.
>
> > 3. mythtv-multirec seems to miss some include files - i was unable to
> > compile some of svn's mythplugins (mythmusic and mytharchive) with it
> > (i was able however if i took the svn mythtv instead of
> > mythtv-multirec branch)
> We're not making any changes in the plugins so they are simply
> not part of the branch.

i know the plugins are not a part of the multirec branch. however they are
tightly linked to mythtv itself, and change according to it. changes which
are applied to mythtv and not to mythtv-multirec branch, break their
compilation.

> question:
> > other than 'max recording' field in mythtv-setup, i didn't
> > see any interface change. i heard about recording groups.
> > how do i access them ?
> There are two comboboxes in the input connections pane in
> mythtv-setup...

> if via mysql, then what table, what format ?
> inputgroup. The comboboxes should be editable again soon..
> FYI The inputgroups are automatically created and set for
> DVB multirec purposes when you increase 'max recordings'.
>
> -- Daniel

thanks,
erez.