[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 21:45:15 UTC 2007

* On Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 01:32:07PM -0500, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Couldn't the filesize and other columns that the scheduler
> doesn't use be split out into another table. It is a
> relational database after all.. Then these columns could
> be updated without interfering with the scheduler.

I mentioned that in another post, it is on my TODO already.  When
I get time, one of the things at the top of my TODO is to allow
multiple files per recording with info on each file being stored
in a 'recordedfile' table.  This table would have the filesize,
basename, and probably some other file info that people have been
asking about such as height/width/etc..  When you'd play a
recording from the Watch Recordings screen, if more than one file
was available, you would be prompted which file to play.
In the future there might be some rules to automatically select
which file to play, so that your SD-only frontend never tried to
play the original HD version of a recording and that your HD
frontend would prefer the HD version before it would play
that 320x240 version you transcoded so you could watch it remotely
over your internet connection from the hotel while working out of
town. :)  My main use for something like this is for HD vs SD
frontends.  I want my SD frontends to be able to play all
recordings, but don't want my HD frontend to have to play a
SD transcoded copy if it doesn't have to.

--
Chris