[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 19:02:11 UTC 2007

--- David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 12:44:42PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > * On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 11:01:57PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > > "Yes, and allow re-record" would have the identical behavior.
> > > It would not duplicate an existing file but would allow the
> > > same episode to record again any time after it was deleted.
> >
> > Allow Re-record doesn't prevent 5 copies of the same episode
> > from being recorded at different times.   If the Simpsons comes
>
> Yes, it will.  When episode 101 is recorded, an entry gets added to
> oldrecorded.  Unless you do something to that oldrecorded entry,
> episode 101 won't get recorded again.  After you finishe watching
> episode 101 and go to delete it, you can choose to allow re-record.
> Then and only then, can episode 101 be recorded again.
>
> David
> --
I admit that a decent amount of this thread is over my head.  It sounds like,
to make the scheduler query less problematic, the consensus is to eliminate the
"find duplicates in current recordings" option, and replace it's functionality
with the currently available "find duplicates in previous recordings" and
judicious use of "delete and allow re-record."  Am I correct in this?

If so, won't the following problems
:
1) Myself, wife, or kid accidentally hit "delete" instead of "allow rerecord",
and possibly don't notice it.  That episode goes away forever (or at least
until you realize you haven't seen it in a really long time).

2) Once the change is made, won't you be starting in a undesirable state?  To
rerecord" because it wasn't necessary (because I've been using "duplicates in
current recordings").  So once that option goes away I'll have to know to go
back and manually set them all (perhaps hundreds of them) to allow re-record.

Sorry if I have any of that wrong...

--Jack