[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jan 29 18:16:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 07:21:23PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I have to admit that I'm surprised. If there are 40,000 entries
> and 400 on one channel, it still has to match the items with
> that chanid or actually any chanid with the same callsign in
> the channel table as the original chanid, then match the indexed
> string of the title. It shows how drastically different it is
> to match the chanid ints compared to matching indexed strings.

I'm surprised too.  But then, I tend to always use ChannelRecord when
I expect the program to only be on one channel.

> This only really matters when starting the MBE or at the end
> of an mfdb run when it rematches all the showings to all of the
> rules. When David added the recordmatch stuff, I put the "match"
> time and "place" time in the verbose messages.

One thing to keep in mind is that people with EIT scanning enabled,
effectively have mfdb rescheduling going on many times a day.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 11:40:47PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> For reference, I just started with a new copy of my production record
> table and the only thing I did was truncate the oldrecorded table.
> The scheduler run time was cut in half:

In my experience, the dupe checking in oldrecorded has always been the
largest component in the scheduling place time.  Reducing the number
of oldrecorded entries will help.  I think finding a way to optimize
that join will help the most, though.

David
--
David Engel