[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 05:20:35 UTC 2007

* On Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 12:11:57AM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> True, but I was seeing IOBOUND errors with -one month- of oldrecorded
> data, e.g., the system was only a month old.  Fix the interaction with
> the scheduler, and even if oldrecorded makes scheduling somewhat slow,
> few would notice.  Don't fix it, and no reasonable truncation of
> oldrecorded is likely to help... :)

There will be a fix, I'm just showing why the times for different
users vary so wildly.  This is mainly so people can find something when
they search trying to find out why their scheduler takes X seconds when
someone else's only takes 1/4 of that time.

>     > Another item to put on my production TODO list. :)
>
> Remember some people want that history, untrimmed!  (This [research]
> system needs to know everything it's ever recorded, and oldrecorded is
> designed for that---I've also added some columns [beginning with "_"

You snipped out the important part, that being the part of Bruce's
comment that I was replying to.  I didn't say anything about automatically
deleting oldrecorded entries.  He was talking about manually cleaning up
his oldrecorded table and I said I need to do that on my production system
as well (as opposed to my development system).

--
Chris