[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 05:05:43 UTC 2007

* On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 07:54:21PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> My take on this was that it was the poor man's maxepisodes=1
> before we had maxepisodes. However, this only tripped me up
> more than it helped me (like, a ratio of a bunch to zero).

More like maxsameepisodes=1 since maxepisodes just looks at
the title.  After responding to David, I thought of a better
example that I think is more real-world.

Let's say that I want to record The Simpsons.  I really like
them so I always want to have 5 episodes on hand to watch
while eating my 7-course dinner.  (ok, not totally real-world) :)
If I don't care about watching the same episodes over again,
I don't want Myth to check for duplicates in oldrecorded.  I
do however want to make sure that the 5 episodes I do have are
unique, so that I don't have to watch the same episode 5 times
just to get to dessert.

That's probably the best real-world example I could come up
with for why I'd want to check for dups in the recorded table.
I still don't use it though, so if it makes sense to get rid
of it then I'm for it.

--
Chris