[mythtv] Plextor ConvertX Transcoding

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Mon Jan 29 03:32:23 UTC 2007

I'm another ConvertX user who has this problem.  I'd love to see it fixed
for all of the obvious reasons.

> You can't use 'lossless' with a .nuv file which is what Myth creates when
> you use your ConvertX, so this has to be the original 'lossy' part of the
> transcoder.

That's interesting, I never realized that.

> The code in transcode.cpp can be used to cut commercials without having
> to reencode the whole video, it only reencodes the frames it needs to in
> order to glue together the parts around the commercial.

Right.

> If you provide a clip, I can take a quick look and probably give you some
> more detailed info about where to look in the source code.

http://maui.doit.org/~dmartin/conan-transcode.nuv

It's 7M.  I'll leave it up for a couple of days and then probably pull it down.

> 	http://mythtv.beirdo.ca/nuvtools/
>
> nuvscan has helped me track down issues with the transcoder in the past.

I'll take a look at that as well.

Thanks!
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org