[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 28 04:56:10 UTC 2007

* On Sat Jan 27, 2007 at 11:47:32PM -0500, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2007, at 11:28 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> the speedup.  I deleted 30 of the now "Timeslot Record" entries to
>> drop me to a total of 54 scheduled recordings and the scheduler
>> runtime went down to 3 seconds.

> 2. How big is the oldreccorded table (how long has mythtv been
> running)?  I suspect that the search for duplicates will get slow
> over time since it is doing string compares on on unindexed titles
> and descriptions (at least, I don't think they are indexed...).

Yeah, should have given stats for that also.  My oldrecorded table
has 8773 items in it, my program table has 29853.  I truncated
the oldrecorded table on my dev box and that last test of 3
seconds now runs in 1.3 seconds.  I've been using Myth for over
4 years now, so my oldrecorded is a bit full. :)

So, with a faster machine (my dev box is a 1.8Ghz P4), only 30-40
scheduled recordings (mostly being timeslot), and a small-ish/er
oldrecorded history, I could easily see the scheduler runtime
being under 2 seconds for a lot of people.  For my wife and I,
we prefer the anytime/anychannel record rules so that we pick up
episodes of shows we haven't seen yet when they come on another
channel.

--
Chris