[mythtv] Project Participation

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Jan 24 14:02:11 UTC 2007

hypery2k at web.de wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I want to participate on the MythTV Development, especially the remote controll component.
> How can I participate?

Start writing code to fix and enhance things.
It'll be review by the developers, and feedback will be given
as needed and committed if good.

You'll need to pay attention to the coding standards (which
can be found on the website) and keep your changes small
and to the point.

ie. if you need to make 3 distinct changes to implement the
functionality then make 3 patches, one for each part. That
way it's easier for everyone to review and comment on.

Also, there is no point developing for the latest stable
release, only develop against svn.

Also look through the tickets in trac and attempting to fix
some of them is a good way to start.

Stuart

!DSPAM:10,45b766dc43671995518499!