[mythtv] Commercial skipping: Can I get the byte position in a recording instead of the frame?

Maclaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Mon Jan 22 17:40:07 UTC 2007

>> I am trying to add commercial skipping to the mythroku frontend.
>> To skip in the video steam the roku requires the number of bytes to
>> skip rather than the number of frames. This is a result of the roku?s

>> libraries for video streaming which I cannot change. Obviously for
fixed

>You're going to have to look at the the recordedmarkup table
(recordedseek
>in current SVN) table to get the byte position of the keyframes then
>seek to the nearest keyframe. There isn't any easy way to get the byte
>position of the exact frame so you'll only get seeking to keyframes
unless
>you can tell the library to not display a frame in which case you could
seek
>to the closest prior keyframe then skip frames up until the one you
need.

Let me first state I do not have a very detailed knowledge about the
innards of the mythbackend, and I got what I needed from reading the
backend mainserver.cpp code.  I suspect the answer is no but, can I get
this keyframe information by sending a message to the backend as I did
with a QUERY_COMMBREAK to get the commercial starts and stops.  This
send me back a list of frame numbers, or do I need to access the
database to get the data from the recordedseek table (use the svn code).
I really have no idea how to access it rermotely.  If someone can direct
me to the routines in mythtv where this goes on so I can look at how
it's done.  Given the size of the mythtv code as a beginner I feel it's
somewhat like searching for a needle in a haystack.  Any
pointers/guidance as to how to get byte information out for the roku
remote frontend from the mythtv experts would be appreciated.

Thanks

1/18/2007 1:03 PM

1/18/2007 1:03 PM