[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] Ticket #2965: ATSC QAM256 channels fail to tune (partial lock) that are working channels with xine and vlc

Wylie Swanson wylie.swanson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 18:16:47 UTC 2007

Some additional clarity -- it was late last night.

Channel scanning is working better with my provider, as a result of a recent
patch, however...
Channel viewing is obstructed because working channels never make it past
Partial Lock (perhaps is related to PMT) -- and so this effects NBC, PBS, et
cet, making them unviewable using MythTV (but not other applications).

On 1/21/07, MythTV <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
> #2965: ATSC QAM256 channels fail to tune (partial lock) that are working
> channels
> with xine and vlc
> --------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
> Reporter:  Wylie Swanson <wylie.swanson at pingzero.com>  |       Owner:  ijr
> Type:  defect                                      |      Status:  new
> Priority:  major                                       |
> Milestone:  unknown
> Component:  mythtv                                      |     Version:
> 0.20
> Severity:  medium                                      |
> --------------------------------------------------------+-------------------
> MythTV gets partial lock on (good working) channels.  The same channels
> are viewable Xine (in case with Air2PC) and with VLC  (with HDHomeRun).  I
> suppose it is how my cable company is broadcasting, but the streams can be
> viewed.  There has been some discussion about this on HDHomeRun forum.
> I added a HDHomeRun to my environment today.  About six months ago on my
> Air2PC (ATSC/QAM256 cable), I noticed Partial Lock (no audio/video) on a
> few channels that had previously worked (SVN mid-to-early 2006).
> Today, with HDHomeRun, I am seeing the same thing.  Mythtv-setup can
> sometimes find all of the important channels (and a bunch of channels that
> don't matter).  However, mythfrontend shows partial lock in the tuning
> phase.  There was a patch around the 17th that was a significant
> improvement, but the mythfrontend still gets partial lock.
> From reading the forums, SageTV does not have the same problem (of course,
> there is no way I am switching from MythTV!).  For me, the channels can be
> viewed from xine on the Air2PC and using vlc for the HDHomeRun.
> I am happy to provide more diagnostic (and quickly).  Let me know what
> information would be helpful (e.g. cmdlines for mythfrontend or backend
> with relevant diag).  For the record, I have Cox Cable in Phoenix,
> Arizona.
> best regards,
> W
> --
> Ticket URL: <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2965>
> MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org/>
> MythTV
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-commits mailing list
> mythtv-commits at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-commits
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/attachments/20070121/c5da96da/attachment.htm 

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list