[mythtv] Committing patch to randomise mythfilldatabase times?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jan 19 00:59:35 UTC 2007

* On Fri Jan 19, 2007 at 08:19:34AM +1100, William Uther wrote:
>    Sitting in bug #2194 there is a patch to randomise when
> mythfilldatabase is run.  Is there any chance of getting this into
> 0.21?  The Aus TV guide data site is seeing load spikes and it would
> be very useful to smooth them out.  I've been running this patch for
> a while and it works.  It already incorporates a bunch of discussion
> from last time...

I was looking at this again the other day and thinking about putting it
in even without the other larger related changes that were mentioned in
the original thread a while back.

I think it makes sense to try to alleviate some of the load on the
listings servers in the short-term until other changes mentioned can
be worked on.

--
Chris