[mythtv] slow menu rendering qt

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 09:02:36 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 08:31, Kristian Kalweit wrote:
> Wilhelm Eger schrieb:
> >
> > I have a gentoo system with current svn mythtv qt-3.3.6-r5, PVR 350 and
> > X over TV Out. Since a few Weeks only the window menu rendering
> > (configuration e.g.) is slow. Menus without window elements are still
> > fast, goom is fast and Xv output, too. I tried running KDE at tv out and
> > got the same issue. It seems to be an qt thing. Could it be the slotted
> > qt4? Or any other idea? I googled a lot and found nothing useful.
>
> Sorry, for a "me too" posting, but I see this also. I thought it was
> something new in SVN, because I made several  SVN updates.
>
> Did you change mythtv release or version?

You don't say whether you are using the QT or OpenGL renderers?

If using OpenGL try reinstalling your video drivers. The problem you are
describing is a symptom of using not using hardware accelerated opengl - e.g.
you've upgraded X and overwritten the Nvidia/ATi opengl lib symlinks.

Is the QT painter any faster?
--
Stuart Morgan