[mythtv] Theme always reset on startup to GANT theme

Remy Bohmer l.pinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:46:59 UTC 2007

Hello Paul,

If i make a symbolic link named '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/Standaard'
that points to '/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default' then everything
works as usual.
Even mythtvsetup does not reset the theme when the link is there.

So, the workaround is clear: Make a symbolic link, but the root-cause
is left to be figured out.
It seems that some language dependant string is used for looking up
pathnames earlier in that piece of code. Maybe a problem already
existing in the code became visible by changeset 12377...
I do not have enough knowledge about that piece of code to come up
with a patch that fixes this, without the risk of breaking something
else.
But, I am very willing to do some more debug and test work if you are
able to guide me...

Remy