[mythtv] Commercial flagging paper in December IEEE Computer

Lucas Meijer lucas at mach8.nl
Thu Jan 4 23:24:06 UTC 2007

Daniel Walton wrote:
>> doesn't the new commdetector2 code use a plugin style architecture so
>> other methods could be created and easily added?
>>

> yep.  The experimental commercial detector is currently using a blank frame
> detection plugin and a logo detection plugin.  The code is there for scene
> change detection but that plugin isn't being used.
Unless things have things have changed radically and I haven't noticed
any of it, this is not true at all.

There are two "plugins", (which aren't even plugins as they aren't
loaded dynamically).

ClassicCommDetector is what is used by default, which uses a combination
of blank frame, scene change
, aspect change and logo detection.

CommDetector2 is a relatively new detector written by Robert Tsai, which
I am less fermiliar with, but seems
to focus strongly on strong logo detection.

It's fairly easy to write a new detector, but so far rtsai is the only
one who actually did.

Bye, Lucas